This tour only on request – but daily possible!
Back in the USSR – by bicycle to the TV tower!
The unique opportunity to see by yourself how many traces the Empire of Evil (©Ronald Reagan, President of the USA) left in Vilnius.
The tour takes us out of the centre visiting buildings with a glorious Communist past uphill to the 326.5 metre (1071 feet) high Television Tower, built 1974-1980. It is a special occasion to visit the Lazdynai district, awarded the Lenin Prize for All Union Architectural Design in 1974 for being the most beautiful modular house district in the whole USSR…
This tour only on request – but daily possible!Back in the USSR – by bicycle to the TV tower!similar to “All sides of Vilnius” velo city tour, but 1 hour longer and more difficult.
Sites on the route
- Gediminas prospekt
- the parliament & monument for the barricades of 1991
- Orthodox church
- Wooden architecture in Žvėrynas
- The tv tower
- Lazdynai – Soviet model residential area
- “The fairy tale park” (Optional)
- Litexpo Fair ground
- Vingis park with the Open air stage
- Frank Zappa monument
- There are some cozy restaurants in Žvėrynas district
- in Karoliniškės district (right up the hill) there is a big Maxima shopping centre and the Hotel Karoliniškės with a restaurant
- on the TV tower there is a restaurant which is expensive and low quality
- in Lazdynai centre there is a supermarket and some food bothes (Kebabai)… decide by yourself whether you want to risk it…
- Vingis park – Restaurant & beer garden „Lakštingala“ (Nightingale)
The tour route is on the “Bicycle route map of Vilnius”.
It is not the easiest tour, but you are welcome to do it own your own!
Just with an organised tour, you’ll find some more secrets…
We can provide you with:
- the bicycle map of Vilnius (10 Lt)
- the tour on a GPS reciever
Fee for the organised tour (Guide, bicycle, water) – 25 EUR
Only in request!